Thursday, April 8, 2010

Top Gear!

Once again I think I have become completely addicted to something quintessentially British. Or at least it started out in Britain I believe. It is the TV show "Top Gear" about fast and sexy cars, what they can do, what they can't do, other modes of vehicular transport, celebrity visits, test drives, quarter mile races, crashing cars, and a whole lotta Myth Buster action thrown into the mix. I love it! usually I'm not one for mechanics and cars and how they work and which ones are coming out next and new car technology, but this show incorporates hilarity and three or four incredibly charactered guys who love cars and love doing the show as their job.

Just a few of my favorite "challenges" on the show I've seen so far:

-Extreme Motorhome Racing
-Car Darts
-The Smallest Car in the World (my favorite episode but so far!)
-Doing Donuts in Lorries (trucks)
-Quaint My Ride (parody of Pimp My Ride)

Celebrities that have been on the show:

-Stephen Fry
-David Tennant
-Billie Piper
-Eddie Izzard
-Ewan McGregor
-Sir Michael Gambon

So this show is pretty awesome and you should check out a clip or two on YouTube. Look for the BBC channel and the show is somewhere in there, otherwise a simple "Top Gear" search will grant access to wonderment too. Happy Watching! (Watch the tiny car episode clip, it's the best!)

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Miles Behn said...

LOVE Top Gear. I'm subscribed on youtube!